Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Consents Team Leader
- Do you want a varied and interesting role, working for one of the fastest growing districts in the country?
- Would you like to lead a team of highly capable consent planners who evaluate resource consent applications across the Waikato?
- Do you want to be part of a strong, friendly team dedicated to providing outstanding customer service?
If so, join our organisation for a great work-life balance, and loads of opportunity for personal development.
The Waikato District is experiencing unprecedented growth, which brings fantastic opportunities to our communities and businesses. This growth brings diversity to the work we do and is exciting and challenging to be part of.
We've recently promoted some of our senior staff and, as a result, we're seeking an application for a Consent Team Leader.
If you would like to lead one of our resource consent processing teams, and you're passionate about building and maintaining relationships with staff, developers and their technical representatives, then we'd love to hear from you!
Our Consents department has five teams that include a mix of consent planners, land development engineers, and administrative support staff. This is a high performing group of people where working closely together and being committed to providing quality and timely customer service is a natural part of our culture.
What you'll need:
- You will have experience and knowledge of consent planning and the Resource Management Act to support the work of your team and to allow you to work alongside our customers and stakeholders
- You will need a tertiary-level planning degree and a minimum seven years' experience in senior resource consenting work or similar role
- Experience leading a team is highly desirable
This role is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to make that next career move. Along with the interesting and varied workload, we offer an attractive remuneration package, a genuine focus on personal leadership development and great work-life balance.
Ngaruawahia is a fantastic location to work with the beautiful backdrop of the Hakarimata range, opportunities for enjoying the outdoors with walkways in the bush and along the esplanade and Waikato River. Our offices are only a short drive from Hamilton City and there are no parking fees!
If this role sounds like what you are looking for - then we would love to hear from you.
Applications close at 11.55pm on Wednesday, 23 January 2019.
To apply for this job, please go online to www.joinourteam.co.nz and enter the job code 8024LGC.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: 8024
Location: Waikato, Hamilton City, Hauraki, Mangakino, Matamata-Piako, Otorohanga, South Waikato, Taupo, Thames-Coromandel, Turangi, Waikato District, Waikato Regional Council, Waipa, Waitomo
Closing Date: Wednesday, 23 January 2019