Creating Great Places, Supporting our People
The Far North District Council is on a transformation journey to become one of the regions most sought after and valued employers – we value manaakitanga, integrity and professionalism in delivering outstanding value to our customers and the community.
A challenging opportunity has arisen within the Far North District Council Team based in Kerikeri to ensure our regulatory building requirements are met.
We want your talents, enthusiasm and commitment to assist Council’s success on their improvement journey.
About the position
This role implements and administers the Councils statutory obligations and requirements that pertain to the relevant statutes and standards for building compliance in the Far North District. You will be involved in the investigation and research of building related matters associated with the Building Consent Authority.
This position offers exciting and challenging opportunities for the right candidate. To be successful in this role you will need high level communication and interpersonal skills as well as a commitment to Council’s values.
Key Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Demonstrated specialist and technical knowledge of the NZ Building Act
- Previous experience at local government level in the application of the Building Act 2004 and related standards
- Appropriate building related qualification.
- The ability to assess commercial and high risk residential building consent applications
- The ability to coach and train building consent processing officers
- To have a sound understanding of building code E2 External Moisture
- Full Drivers Licence is essential
Be a part of our journey to being a high performing organisation by applying online today!
For more information on our organisation’s vision, mission and values visit www.fndc.govt.nz
Applications for this position close at 11.30pm on Sunday 18 November 2018.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: FNDC42808
Location: Northland, Far North
Closing Date: 11.30pm, Sunday 18 November 2018.