Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Building Control Officer – Inspections
Are you looking to work in a progressive forward thinking organisation? The most beautiful District in New Zealand is currently experiencing high growth; this growth offers career development opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated and results-driven professionals like you.
Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of the community, employing over 450 staff; we manage infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services. With an annual operational budget of over $100m and a capital expenditure programme of $990m over ten years, we are a major part of the District’s economy.
Ready to raise the roof on your Building Control Officer career in Queenstown, and become one of our trusted difference-makers in New Zealand’s top 4 for highest-value building consents?
- Building Control Officer – Inspections (2 vacancies)
The Building Control Officer – Inspections is responsible for administering the requirements of the Building Act 2004, the Building Regulations and the New Zealand Building Code, in accordance with the QLDC Policies and Procedures. Building Control Officers are responsible for implementing the regulatory requirements of the Building Act to ensure the quality of our residential and commercial buildings meet the requirements of our community and their occupiers. Your focus will be on inspecting building work to facilitate the issue of Code Compliance Certificates, verifying that the finished work complies with the New Zealand Building Code. This is an opportunity to be part of a close-knit team working to make a difference in our vibrant community. Help us build our best practice – the right way and as part of a unique and technically-savvy Building Services Team driven to bring their best (and develop the rest), in the best place on earth.
- Expected minimum building control experience of 3 years, or capability to develop this level of experience as a new Graduate under regulation 18 of the Building (Accreditation of Building Consent Authorities) Regulations 2006 (the Regulations)
- Possess an eye for detail with the ability to contrast and collate information without becoming enmeshed in the detail.
- Possess or be working towards an appropriate NZ qualification relating to Building Controls.
- Sound knowledge of building industry legislation and related New Zealand standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders and gain their respect and trust.
- Ability to apply reason and pragmatism to achieve a satisfactory outcome for all parties with the minimum of fuss.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities – with unprecedented growth comes unprecedented opportunities (learn more and do more as part of QLDC’s Building Services Team)
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidate.
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit http://qldc.qjumpers.co.nz/jobs/ or feel free to contact Jonathan Shaw – Team Leader – Building Control Inspections to discuss these exciting opportunities in confidence.Applications close Monday, 17 December 2018
Queenstown is nestled in the Southern Alps of New Zealand on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and is rated as one of the World’s top destinations. Queenstown is renowned for its four distinctive seasons which offer snow-capped mountains during the winter months for snowboarding and skiing, and long hot days which are perfect for mountain biking, food and wine tasting or walking along the many trails Queenstown has to offer during the summer months. Thrill seekers, families and food and wine connoisseurs will all find Queenstown Lakes District the perfect place to call home.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: LDAO843191
Closing Date: Applications close Monday, 17 December 2018