Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Creating Great Places, Supporting our People
The Far North District Council is on a transformation journey to become one of the regions most sought after and valued employers – we value manaakitanga, integrity and professionalism in delivering outstanding value to our customers and the community.
We’re reshaping how transportation and roading services are delivered in Northland with an Alliance that’s a first of its kind in New Zealand. The Northland Transportation Alliance is a collaboration between the Whangarei, Kaipara and Far North District Councils, Northland Regional Council and the New Zealand Transport Agency to deliver joined-up services and achieve more for Northland.
As part of an asset management team in the Alliance you’ll drive strategic asset management of local roads in Northland, with a specific emphasis on the Far North network. You’ll be joining a co-located Alliance team that delivers professional transportation services across Northland including asset and network management, capital projects delivery, the regional land transport programme, and public transport and road safety initiatives.
This role is ultimately about delivering value for money and agreed levels of service to the road user customer. In this role, you will:
- lead the development of long-range asset management plans and maintenance intervention strategies
- develop and agree the investment in the annual maintenance and renewals programmes, and monitor the effectiveness of these programmes in meeting service level targets
- lead the transition to the One Network Road Classification, and champion new approaches and technologies and improved asset management practices
- contribute to the development of land transport policies
- work closely with others in the Alliance and Alliance partners to deliver the best roading outcomes for the Northland region
You’ll bring to this role:
- a diploma or degree qualification in civil or transportation engineering
- significant asset management experience with a road maintenance and renewals focus
- a high level of commercial acumen with skills in programme and business case development
- leadership and excellent communication and relationship building skills
- a flexible, innovative and collaborative approach.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: FNDC42835
Location: Northland, Far North
Closing Date: Thursday, 24 January 2019